We are very proud to announce the completion of our new 23m high speed aluminium catamaran ferry ‘Sikira Legend’. Starting life as a 22 Metre spec’ boat, based on our 22m design Legacy, she was then purchased during the build giving the owner a 4 month delivery time and the opportunity to custom design the final layout, engine choice, colours and so on.
She is suitable for offshore services and runs smoothly in rough conditions thanks to the deep vee hulls and aerofoil minikeels (which give great tracking in a following seas). Results of the sea trials have been great with a top speed of 29 to 30 knots with economical operating cruise speed options.
- The hull form has been optimized for excellent load carrying and fuel efficiency in coastal conditions at operational speeds
- Modern, intelligent systems support robust engineering to provide high redundancy, low maintenance and reliable long-term operation
- The fire, flood and safety systems on-board represent the latest technology combined with the best industry practices
- The cabin arrangement provides comfortable seating and large panoramic windows. Large tinted windows provide generous views and ample light whilst reducing heat transfer into the passenger space
- The open plan deck arrangement also provides access to all areas for light and ventilation
- Seated passengers on the main deck have air-conditioned comfort with ample redundancies. Alfresco seating on the upper deck with hard top and roll down curtains. The upper deck is designed to be like an open-air theatre with large water proof screens at either ends
- The ferry layout design allows for ease in operation – Passengers can safely and quickly load and discharge at fore and aft’ locations
- The captain is perfectly positioned to do the docking and oversee the loading and discharge
- The vessel is fitted with twin MTU 8V2000 M72 engines (2 x 965 h.p.) and the top speed is 29 to 30 knots and cruising speed of around 25 Knots
- The propulsion system is standard prop/shaft with our aero foil mini-keels which gives protection to the stern gear and ability to slip on her own hull. Also, cutaway gives relatively low draft of 1.6 metres fully loaded
- This ferry has seating for over 200 persons and will operate in the coastal waters of West Africa. 26 Business Class recliner seats, 76 Premium Economy recliner seats plus more than 100 fabricated seats with custom made waterproof cushions on most
This vessel is built to Australian NSCV Class 1C (Coastal Ferry) standards and the design has been approved with survey inspections carried out. The design and construction can be completed to IACS, USCG, depending on the owners’ requirements.