We are incredibly excited to announce the completion of our new 22m high speed ferry design and construction project. The vessel was completed at our SeaCat Ships headquarters, located at Ocean Marina Yacht Club Pattaya, Thailand. The brief from the owner was as follows: ‘A high performance, medium speed passenger catamaran that operates as an inter-island transporter (up to 150 passengers) at medium cruise speeds of 22-23 knots, low horsepower and excellent fuel economy.’ The owner also requested the vessel be strong enough to operate in offshore conditions with excellent sea keeping. The overall objective was to keep it as simple and economical as possible, as well as being cost effective.
The vessel is suitable for offshore services and will run smoothly in rough conditions, thanks to the deep vee hulls and aero foil mini keels (which give great tracking in following seas). We have also utilized new top-secret technology in the aluminium construction of the vessel.
- The ferry design layout allows for ease in operation – Passengers can safely and quickly load and discharge at the aft’ boarding stations and additionally via beach loading facilities over the bow
- The captain is perfectly positioned to do the docking and oversee the loading and discharge (3 station).
- The vessel is fitted with twin John Deere 6135 SFM85-M4 engines (2 x 650 h.p.) and the top speed is 26 knots, with a cruising speed of around 22-23 knots.
- The propulsion system is standard prop/shaft with our aero foil mini-keels which gives protection to the stern gear and the ability to slip on her own hull and give excellent tracking in following seas.
- This ferry has seating for over 150 persons and can operate in offshore conditions. There are 90 passengers’ seats in the airconditioned main cabin, 16 tourist class seats in air-con cabin behind the helm and 48 el fresco seating outside. All the seats are comprised of robust aluminium bench seats, additionally the ‘tourist’s seats’ have waterproof cushions.
- Modern, intelligent systems support robust engineering to provide high redundancy, low maintenance and reliable long-term operation.
- The fire, flood and safety systems on-board represent the latest technology combined with the best industry practices.
- The cabin arrangement provides simple aluminium bench seating with non-skid flooring to allow for easy cleaning.
- The open plan deck arrangement also provides access to all areas for light and ventilation.
- 550 KG Davit and rescue boat.
This vessel is being designed to Australian NSCV Class 1B (Operating up to 150 NM offshore) The design and construction can be completed to Lloyds, BV, or USCG, depending on the owners’ requirements.